Thursday, May 1, 2008

random.

I've been reading the novel "Rule of Four" the past few days. It's been awhile since I've been this excited to turn from one page to the next! haha. i looove exciting novels. Maybe that's why I couldn't forget Tennyson's Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles. There's something about mystery that enthralls me and besides, imagine just paying 95pesos for a bestseller! haha. Me LOOVE BookSale! (p.s. may 60pesos na Tipping Point pa! hahaha)

This is one of the "wounding" lines of the novel. There's a lot, believe me. I just haven't had the time to take note since I'm too excited about finishing the book. haha.

Adulthood is a glacier encroaching quietly on youth. When it arrives, the stamp of childhood suddenly freezes, capturing us for good in the image of our last act, the pose we struck when the ice of age set in.

Amen to that.
--------------------------------------
"My father viewed the Hypnerotomachia as a
tribute to the love of man for a woman.
It was the only work of art he knew that
mimicked the beautiful chaos of that emotion."

No comments: